How to to have a great family holiday, whilst sticking to the budget Hot
There are a few great ways to save money whilst planning your family holiday.
Here, we've listed the top tips from choosing the right accommodation, to booking your flights in advance. These are the holiday money saving tips you wont want to miss.
· Setting a budget- The most important thing for you to do first off is to set a budget. Think about how much you will need to save, and allow for small blow outs, such as an afternoon tea in a cafe and novelty souvenirs for the kids. This should include an allowance for accommodation, transport, food and an entertainment budget.
· Booking flights- If you are planning a holiday that involves flying to your destination, the most important thing to do is to book your tickets in advance, as much as possible. Generally, flights are much cheaper when they are initially announced and get more expensive closer to the departure date. Planning ahead is the key here, and it could literally save you hundreds.
· Activities-No matter where you are headed for your holiday, there are bound to be plenty of places to go and have fun with the whole family that will cost nothing or very little. A great day out at the National Park, nearest beach or fishing are some great holiday activities that cost nothing or very little. Galleries, museums and historical sites also provide some wonderful free activities the whole family can enjoy. If you are travelling during school holidays, the chances are that whatever town you will be visiting will have lots of free activities going on for kids during this time.
· Meal times- The place where most people blow their budget is with food. It's good to have a few nice meals out, but you don't have to do this for every meal. Pack lunches some days and have breakfast before you leave each morning. This will not only help save on costs, but if everyone wants to have dinner out that night you won't be blowing the budget.
· Booking the right accommodation to suit your budget and needs-hotels, motels and other types of accommodation can range in price from very reasonable, to extremely expensive. To book accommodation that both suits your budget and your needs, it's a good idea to book in advance. The best family friendly accommodation will book out fast in certain areas, as will the accommodation offerings with the best prices. Do your research in advance and book early to avoid missing out on the best accommodation for you and your family.
Planning your family holiday on a budget doesn't have to be a difficult task. It just requires some careful planning and some early bookings to beat the price hikes. I hope our tips on how to book the best family holiday to fit within your budget has given you some useful tips for the next time you plan to take your family on a fun and memorable holiday.