Renting is a real option if you are looking at extended holidays in Port Macquarie, or even if you are not 100% sure about your new lifestyle commitment. Play it smart before you buy.
For some Port Macquarie holidays are long and extended. Many choose to stay on. This article looks at some of the benefits of renting a home in Port Macquarie before you make the commitment to buy.
- On Arrival. A Port Macquarie hotel will be fine for a limited amount of time, but if you are going to stay longer than a week, you really want to find somewhere to rent. Renting is a good way of living somewhere and getting the real feel of what it is like to make it home. There would be nothing worse that it does not suit you in the long run. Renting is a good way to test the water without making that full investment.
- Rental Prices. If you are coming from cities like the Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sydney, you will be greatly impressed with rental prices. Wage rates tend to be the same everywhere in Australia, and will depend on your skills or profession. You might have more money for the other things in life.
- Area. You never really know the ins an outs of a place until you have lived there for a little while. You might find that you are looking for something more rural, and want to move further outside the main town. Take your time to really get to know the place and what areas you like about it.
- Investing Your Future. If you are looking to make a big change in your life and you have done all the right planning, investing the monies made from your previous house sale might be a real option. You know some people are coming up with creative ideas to make new businesses. Recently in the Gold Coast region, a woman started a business, which is essentially car stickers representing your family members on your car. Her business is booming and she has enough money to put a solid deposit down on a new house within only a few months. Sometimes we have to take a risk if we want to make a big change. With so many visitors and yearly events, your chances of local business success are increased.
- Availability. Unlike capital cities, rental markets in the more rural areas can be a little easier to manage. There is a general lower level of stress and so the issue of finding somewhere that suits you will not be an arduous task.
- Long Holiday. Having a long holiday and feel that a hotel is not right. You might find that renting serviced apartments, time-shares or other accommodation reasonable for an extended stay.
Any good hotel concierge will be able to point you in the right direction and give you good insight to the economy and nature of the town. Good luck with your new life.