Just west of Divi Tiara is South Side Beach Cayman Brac.
The Cayman Islands were sighted by Christopher Columbus, on 10 May 1503 on his fourth and final voyage to the New World. He named the islands Las Tortugas after the numerous sea turtles there. The first recorded English visitor to the islands was Sir Francis Drake, who landed there in 1586 and named them the Cayman Islands after caiman, the Neo-Taino nations' term for alligator.
One of Grand Cayman's (GCM) main attractions is Seven Mile Beach, on which a number of the island's hotels and resorts are located. Historical sites in GCM, such as Pedro St. James Castle in BoddenTown, also attract visitors. Tourists also visit the Sister Islands, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac.