Taking a trip the Whitsundays is like taking a holiday to an exotic paradise. Here, we've listed some of the great activities available to visitors.
Taking a trip the Whitsundays is like taking a holiday to an exotic paradise. Here, we've listed some of the great activities available to visitors. Once you've booked your accommodation and are starting to plan some of your activities, you may want to consider our top pick of some of the best things to do whilst holidaying at this beautiful vacation destination:
· Explore the Great Barrier Reef- The magnificent Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is a World Heritage Listed Region that provides the perfect conditions for spectacular views of coral reefs and tropical fish. Snorkeling over the amazing reefs provides hours of fun and is a wonderful activity for people of all ages.
· Whitehaven Beach-If you have ever pictured seeing an idyllic beach in your dreams, this is surely it. The water is crystal clear, and the silica sand of Whitehaven is unlike anything else. Located on Whitsunday Island, the largest of the 74 islands which make up the Whitsundays, it stretches over seven kilometres along the islands coast. This beach has been recognised as the most photographed beach in Australia and it's easy to see why once you take a glimpse at this amazing place.
· Scuba dive- If you are an experienced diver, there is no greater place to experience the wonders of the marine world than at the Whitsundays. There are so many great locations to dive, and places to explore. If you have never dived before, there is no better place to learn! There are many schools in the area offering courses at reasonable rates.
· Sailing at the Whitsundays- Experience the region sailing by charting your own course and skipper yourself, or if you fancy laying back and letting others sail the boat, take a luxurious trip on premium yacht. This is a great way to see the area and unwind.
· Experience a ride in a seaplane- Taking a seaplane means seeing the area from a whole new perspective and taking in some of the sights you might not have seen otherwise. A seaplane adventure ride is a great way to see the beauty of the area in it's entirety, from above.
· Once you have booked your accommodation at one of the many luxurious hotels in the region, it really is a good idea to plan a few activities before you arrive to make sure you don't miss out on certain things during peak periods, when things may get sold out, and to also make sure you can fit everything in.
Whether you are looking for the perfect place for a romantic getaway, or a holiday the whole family can enjoy, the Whitsundays really is a great place to visit. From luxurious spas to diving and sailing there is sure to be something to suit every ones idea of the perfect tropical escape. I hope you've found our tips on some of the best activities to enjoy useful, and it has given you some inspiration for some great things you can do the next time you visit the Whitsundays.