Explore the Beauty and Diversity of Canada: A Guide to Your Canadian Adventure
Just ask them how they say 'About' if you can't tell if they are Canadian or not. If it sounds like Arbouut they might be Candian.
CANADA: THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN
Canada is the second largest country in the world. It is situated in the continent of North America and over the United States. It is called “The Land Of The Midnight Sun” because of its Arctic region and more precisely due to the provinces Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut where Sun is visible throughout the night as well for six months what we call summer.
What are the major tourist attractions in Canada?
The major attractions for the tourists in Canada:
- Canadian Rockies: They are spread over a vast stretch of land which extends from the plains of Alberta in the east to the mountain trench of British Columbia in the west. The southern border coincides with the international border with the USA, and the northern boundary finds the Liard River. Here you will find five national parks, four of which are contiguous and are declared together as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The parks are full of wildlife, natural beauty and recreational facilities for all. This enormous region is dotted with many beautiful towns like Banff, Lake Louise, Golden, and Jasper where you will get a lot of good resorts and restaurants.
- Niagara Falls: The international border between the Canadian province of Ontario and the New York state of the United States is marked by three waterfalls, the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls, and the Bridal Veil Falls collectively known as Niagara Waterfalls. The three falls cover such a huge area that the scene is a treat to watch, and millions of tourists visit
- Old Quebec City: It is the old town of Quebec known as Vieux-Quebec located in the French-speaking province of Quebec. Here you will find an old European style of architecture in the buildings which gives a European look to the city. It is also the only fortified city in North America and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Old Montreal Port: Situated beside Saint Lawrence River, it is a part of Montreal which is the business hub of Quebec province. It was built by the French fur traders in 1611 and is preserved to that date for its historical significance. You can also watch the Montreal Olympic Village, where the Olympics was held in 1976.
- Parliament Buildings, Ottawa: You can visit the Parliament Buildings present in the capital Ottawa, which are open to the public when not in session.
- The Rocky Mountaineer: It is a tour operating company providing train service which you can avail to experience most of Canada. As the train moves at a slower speed, you can view the mesmerizing scenery of Canada, and see its wildlife viz. Polar Bear, Grizzly Bear, Mountain Goat, Wolf, etc.
There are luxurious resorts everywhere. Some of them are Trump International Hotel & Tower at Toronto, The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel at Alberta and Rosewood Hotel Georgia at Vancouver. Please check with them which suits you, book your stay beforehand and pack your bags for a wonderful journey to Canada.
- Category: Canada
- Hits: 1037
Banff National Park is an incredible destination YEAR ROUND. In the summer you should try a game of Frisbee Golf take an Alpine Helicopter or do some Horse Riding. In winter its mostly about skiing and snowboarding. Banff has its own town centre which is North West of Canmore itself East of Calgary. Calgary is cowboy country and the prairies are nothing like the mountains which are the Rockies. There are some golf courses in Kananaskis Country the other side of Canmore. This place is picture perfect and it can be nice to explore some of the lakes around here. The Bow River is also beautiful. The nightlife in Banff is legendary with Bars and Pubs galore and nightclubs for the skiing crowd in winter. OOps sorry snowboarders. Jasper National Park is also close by whateevr time of yer whatever you like there will be something for you here. I have been in summer only and can't wait to get there for the winter and hit some slopes. You can find great deals for skiing in Canada and here there are 3 places Banff, Kicking horse and Sunshine.