Beach vacations are a popular choice for many travelers. Hours spent on the soft white sand, with a book or beer in hand, trying your best to get and keep a golden tan. If you can't wait to spend your days parked on a sunlounger or you're looking for a little extra entertainment by the shore, there are some great activities to take part in at the beach. Luckily, New York travel company AllTheRooms is here to let you in on some of the best things to do water-side.
Travel Blog and Destinations Guide
By Andrew Kolasinski
The trail ascended through the dense jungle of Panama. As we neared the peak a ruined fortress came into view. My guide, Jason cautioned me to avoid the main doorway and led me in through a cannon port. From a safe distance we checked out the doorway. Four different types of stinging insects, including the forebodingly named Cicada Killer Wasps, had built their nests in the lintel of the door. Someone unaware might trigger a lethal swarming.
Jason is locally known as “Jungle Boy”. An American who grew up in Central America, Jason spends most of his time roaming the jungle. He always carries a machete and a hammock tent.
“I might be following a butterfly or a birdcall, and wander into the bush until it gets dark,” he explained.
Plan your Cuba holiday using this simple guide.
Cuba is a fascinating historical country situated just 90 miles of the south coast of the USA. Cuba has most things a vacationer is looking for, from some of the most fantastic beaches in the world yet also offering a cultural heritage not found anywhere else !
A note for US Citizens who want to travel to Cuba.
As a US citizen you will have to enter Cuba through the Bahamas or Canada as the easiest route. And guard you passport like your life depends on it while there since there is no official consulate to help you leave and if you do need to get help the unoficial office will report you to the US Imigration and you will be very heavily fined.
There are 2 ways to have a great travel experience in Cuba
Everyone loves a good festival, and luckily there’s no shortage of them all over the world. Festivals are a great way to experience a nation’s culture. They bring out the best in a country’s celebratory side, and they’re great fun.
If you have children, please don’t think that you shouldn’t travel with them. Traveling with children can be incredibly rewarding for you and your children. You will get to experience the culture and new area of the locale, as people tend to care for children. Also, your children will have the opportunity to be well rounded and culturally aware people. Travelling with children requires a bit more planning, but the payoff is worth every bit of the added time and effort.
Why you should travel with your children:
• Create long-lasting memories for you and your kids.
• Take pictures perfect for family albums and framed photos - make some memories down the line..
• Open your eyes to other cultures and environments
• Comfortably introduce children to new things, people and places.
Travelling with your children creates opportunities for you and your children to bond. When your kids will talk about your relationship, they will surely bring up family trips where everyone had a great time. Some of the best pictures in photo albums to look back on later in life come from family vacations. Framed photos in your home should include trips out with the entire family. Travelling is a great way to view how other people in the world live. You can learn so much about other cultures and heritages by diving straight into it and experiencing the location on your own. The younger your children are introduced to ethnically and culturally diverse people, the more likely they will be accepting and well rounded people later in life. Also, if your children travel young, they are also more likely to continue travelling as they get older.
• Check various resources for travel deals and packages.
• Have as much planned as possible.
• Remember to pack according to the activities you have planned.
• Check the weather and pack appropriate attire.
If you are planning to travel with children, one of the most important things to remember is to be organized. When families travel together, prices can start adding up quickly. Check out many different resources to cost compare and find the best travel deal available. Try to plan activities and places to eat ahead of time to make sure you and your children are always happy. One of the most important things you need to do as a parent is to pack well. Be sure both you and your children have all of the clothing, adult and kids shoes needed to do everything you have planned. Check the weather to make sure you all have the appropriate attire for the season and activities you will be trying. Also, make sure to have extra spending money as you will always need that !
We all have our tastes and preferences when it comes to food. Some like it hot, others like it sweet and sour, a lot of us go either way, but we all have our favorites. Imagine if all of us were standing in front of the map of the world and had to choose one country to handle all of our dietary needs - which country would you choose.
For me, the answer is Thailand. Seriously, no other country comes even close to matching all the culinary delights Thai cuisine has spawned and perfected over the centuries. I could wax poetic for hours on end about the tingling sensations on my palates whenever I immerse myself into authentic Thai foods, but I get the sense that you would much rather read about where to go and what to eat. Without further ado, let’s visit Thailand in all its splendor of flavors…
If you want to make sure that your next winter sports break is everything you dreamed it would be, consider the following factors when choosing your destination.
- Snow – this is the big one of course. How certain can you be that there will be a good covering of snow on the ground when you arrive? If there is any doubt in your mind, it is probably best to keep looking. Generally speaking, the higher the altitude of the ski resort in question, the greater the chance of snow at any given time.
- Choice of runs – if you want to be sure that you never run out of challenges on your holiday, you will want to pick a region where there are plenty of slopes from which to choose. If you are travelling with family, somewhere with a mix of black runs for accomplished skiers, blue and green runs for beginners, and red runs for those who are somewhere in between, would be ideal. Les Trois Vallées (the Three Valleys) in Savoie, France is well worth considering if variety is important to you. As the largest ski area in the world, it has a great choice of runs for skiers of all ability levels.
- Nightlife – if you are travelling with a group of adult friends, this is probably going to be an important factor that you need to consider when selecting a suitable resort for your party. Some ski towns are famed for their bustling nightlife whilst others may be rather too quiet once the sun goes down as far as many thrill seeking winter sports enthusiasts are concerned. On the other hand, if you are travelling with young children and will be focusing mainly on ensuring they have a pleasant introduction to skiing on their first winter holiday, somewhere nice and quiet will be perfect for your needs.
- Accommodation – unless you are used to roughing it or travelling on a very tight budget you will want to ensure that the chalet in which you stay has all the creature comforts you desire. Ski holiday accommodation in Europe ranges from very basic apartments in rather drab blocks to beautifully decorated high-end chalets that come with their own catering team. The best choice for your party will depend on how much you wish to spend and how much time you plan to spend at your chalet during your holiday. However, even if you will only be there to sleep and you do not wish to spend a fortune, make sure that it is at least a pleasant place in which to spend a few hours.
These are the main factors that I keep in mind when booking winter sports breaks, you may of course have others that you would like to add to the list.
Scuba diving travel is not like any other type of travel. Of course not; you have more fun at your destination than most other regular tourists. But it goes further than that. Planning scuba diving travel means you have more to think about than the non-diving vacationer before leaving for your destination.