The charm, the grandeur and royalty is how India is sometimes described. Not only in monetary terms but the country is also rich in terms of culture, traditions and heritage sites. It is because of this reason that the country was once called “Golden Bird”. Fascinated by the beauty and the charm of the country or rather the finances that come from plunder, many rulers have invaded over the years.
From Aibak the slave who would one day rule India (Qutb-ud-din Aibak) to Mughals to the British, the country has been ruled and evolved a unique way. These times has created a teaching to the people of India including the importance of our country and being patriotic. Today India stands as a word economic power with such wealth and poverty juxtaposed among the streets of Mumbai to the beaches of Kerela.
Here in this post we are going to share some patriotic places in India, knowing about these might surprise you.
1. India Gate in DelhiThe first place that comes to the list is India Gate; it is one of the most prominent attractions of Delhi. The gate tells you the huge sacrifice that has been made Indian soldiers. Watching this monument gives you a feeling. The gate has inscribed the name of soldiers and all people who fought for India and in some cases global freedoms and have lost their lives.
Image Source © Sputnik Mania www CC-BY-SA-4.0
2. Rajpath (AKA Kings Way)Another iconic place in India which is also listed as a prominent attraction in Delhi. Rajpath is the road where every year, Parade of Republic day held. Watching the indian army and battalion troop parading, all dressed and full of zeal will be a most patriotic thing that you will ever see. The march past and the parade with the beats of drums will give you Goosebumps. It should be noted that you can do this when you visit India Gate as the latter is a part of the former.
3. Jallianwala Bagh
Image Source - autofs
Jallianwala Bagh in Armistar Punjab. Though the time has passed this memorial records the event of the massacre. The event changed the national mood for obvious reasons and may have been a catalyst for historical change. In essence a British Colonal Reginald Dyer order troops to fire on innocent protestors.
4. Mehrangarh Fort
Image Source - Michał Huniewicz
The majestic fort of Jodhpur, one of the largest and certainly spectacular forts of India is a beautiful masterpiece of Royal era of Rajput. One will get awestruck by the huge structure of this monument which is lying in the heart of Jodhpur city. Standing majestically perched up high but under the dramatic sky Mehrangarh Fort tells you many stories of the bygone Rajputi era. The fort has witnessed many incidents of war and chivalry. Great architecture has everything that will offer every reason to be patriotic for all Indians.
5. NMMC HeadquartersFamous for huge tricolor that sways in the wind is the major attraction of this place. Navi Mumbai Municipal Cooperation is a place where watching the spectacular view Indian flag will give you every reason to be patriotic. A sure fire spectacular photographic opportunity awaits your talents.
6. Rashtrapati BhawanImage Source - Saad Akhtar
The house of President of India, Rashtrapati Bhawan is the place where the first person of India officially lives. Located in the heart of Delhi, the building was magnificently built. It is a spectacular piece of architectural marvel. The building organizes ceremony every day which runs for 40 minutes approximately. Rashtrapati Bhawan indeed a place perfect for making you feel patriotic.
7. Wagh BorderWagh Border another patriotic place in the state of Punjab and a prominent place for North India Tourists and adventure travellers. People who visit Amritsar also stroll through this place along with Golden Temple. One can witness the ceremony between India and Pakistan. Watching the marvelous ceremony between these two countries make you feel proud on the patriotic spirit of the place. Understanding some of India's past struggles is a must for you to get the most out of backpacking or adventure travel in India.